Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New Cats

After Jasper died in June of 2006, I decided my next cat acquisition would be 2 cats from the same litter, preferably a boy and a girl. I was hoping for them to look different from other cats I've owned. This weekend I learned of a litter of kittens that I decided to visit.


The mama was a stray, similar in color to Jasper. She had 6 kittens on August 26. There were 3 left, 2 boys and a girl. The  couple that took the stray in had named the kittens after jazz artists since the mama had calmed down when they played jazz during the birth. I chose Dizzy, a black longer haired male with a white bib and paws and Ella, an ivory female with Siamese-like markings.

The initial meeting was a little rocky! First I took Dizzy and he scratched me and jumped away. Ella hissed, snuggled into my arms for a minute and then ran away. In spite of this, I decided they were healthy and friendly enough and took them home.

I decided to rename Dizzy JoJO from the Beatles song "Get Back." Ella was going to be Eleanor Rigby until I remembered that part about "dies and was buried along with her name." She instead became Maggie Mae for the song by another favorite musical artist of mine, Rod Stewart.

No comments: