Saturday, November 17, 2007

Moving from scaredy cats to curious cats

We have a cat tree - left over from Jasper - on the landing between the upstairs and the main floor. It is a tall structure, around four feet. There are multiple parts covered with sisal for scratching as well as carpet covered tunnels for sitting. There is a large window in the landing so it seems like a good spot to look out and enjoy the scenery.


This morning, I stopped on my way downstairs and scratched on it. The kittens pretty much follow me around the upstairs so they saw me - and heard it. I got downstairs and heard a thump and some scratching. JoJo had decided to check it out. I'm not sure how he got up on top - it is a pretty big jump for a little guy!

Next, I kicked one of their kitty jingle-balls on the fllor down there. Wonder of wonders - 2 kittens appeared! They ran all over the main floor. I could tell they were a little freaked out. JoJo ran around squawking - which is what he does when he isn't comfortable. Maggie just ran - which is what she does much of the time. I let them check it out for 10 minutes or so and then walked back upstairs with them following.

They haven't ventured down again but I bet they will soon! If not, I know how to entice them.

No comments: