Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Easy Beading





These were fun! I got the wire frames from my favorite bead store: Fusion Beads They come with the three shapes made out of fairly heavy craft wire and a coil of very fine craft wire. There a few very sketchy directions and pictures of one of each kind finished.





It didn't go too well with that minimal help! I tried the heart and made a mess finishing it, unbending
the pretty curved ends and cutting some off. Fortunately I found some help at Beadaholique where they also sell the frames. They have a video which is very clear and has some great ideas. I also ended up buying some inexpensive Czech size 6 bead mixes to use as well as the filagree beads.

I made the star following their instructions pretty exactly - it's my favorite of the three! The filagree bead allows multiple wires to go through in different directions. Cool! I even more or less salvaged the heart. This was a fun project.

No comments: