Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Excessively not simple?

A bit later in the day than usual but I FINALLY finished this one! It took much longer than I thought it would. Since it's 9 at night there is no sunlight. Consequently, the color is not very accurate on these photos. The parts that look black are really dark green as are the beads inside the 4 leaf shapes in the center.

First of all I kept counting wrong and had to take stitching out. Seemed like the symmetry should be easy but I must have been tired and kept messing up flipping the design in my head. Yes - I should have kept looking at the pattern.

But the real issue was that the directions called for 2 of them, back to back. In the past, when I've done
counted cross stitch on perforated paper it has either had the back uncovered (ugly as that is!) or covered with felt or an unworked piece of perforated paper.

There are some places where I switched directions of the crosses I think. The symmetry got me! If I had all the stitches complete - no uncrossed half stitches waiting - I had trouble remembering which the top was. Rotating some ways kept them the same but others flipped them. I totally love it in spite of this. I think I'll even keep the kit and maybe do the second design later.

No comments: