Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Knitting

I spent half of this week at the Madrona knitting retreat in Tacoma. It is a great event - big enough to be interesting and small enough to not be overwhelming. It's held at the Hotel Murano which is a wonderful place - a featured glass artist on each floor with a piece of their work, short bio and photos along the corridor. Lots of my Knitting Bee friends were there and every year I get to know them better. I took 3 classes including one on steeking which is cutting your knitting. Yes, with scissors! Sharp scissors. I survived as did my knitting.

But I digress from the ornament at hand.



I thought with much of the week spent knitting, a knitted ornament was required. And I'm trying to finish multiple knitting projects during the Winter Games.And I had an ornament I had started in December but hadn't gotten too far on. Perfect choice. I think it's very cute.

No comments: